World’s largest mobile solar power system hits movie sets
If you’ve been following Pure Power, you already know that the “48?avoids (does not produce) a ton or more of Carbon Dioxide each day thatis ordinarily produced by a big diesel generator. The S48 – built on a48-foot trailer (the classic “18-wheeler” trailer) and with its largesolar panel array and interconnected series of batteries, the 48 needsonly a single driver operator, and runs clean and quiet.
In fact, on its current production running the base camp of a feature film here in LA, the 48 is actually running 24/7, with a reduced loadthrough the night. That means the carbon savings are far more than aton, each day, along with the large amounts of the 40 carcinogeniccompounds that are ordinarily put into the atmosphere by dieselgenerators.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS
- SolarCity Raises $500M
- Graphene That Redefines Electric Current
- NextEra Gobbles Up Smart Energy Capital
- Oil Prices and Renewable Energy
- 5 Promising Eco Careers
- In Focus: People Power!
- The EV Cordless Power Vehicle Charging System