World Future Energy Summit Promotes Sustainability in Abu Dhabi
WFES provides an ideal networking event for industry leaders,investors, scientists, specialists, policymakers and researchers todiscuss the challenges of rising energy demand and actions to achieve acleaner and more sustainable future for the world.
Running over 4 days with over 30 individual conference sessions, thesummit has over 200 international speakers who will address the latestdevelopments in future energy strategy, policy and technology. Royalty,CEO’s, scientists, delegates, government institutions, and investorsare all expected among the predicted 17,000 in attendance.
What makes the summit stand out–aside from the fact it’s held inthe oil capital of the world, and boasts friendlier seasonal weatherthan, say, the Scandinavian countries–is that it appears to bepromoted (and sponsored) by both climate change advocates and fossilfuel interests alike. Let’s face it, oil companies know there is moneyto be found in renewable energy.
In April 2006, Abu Dhabi took a bold and historic decision to embrace renewable and sustainable energy solutions by launching Masdar,a global cooperative platform dedicated to finding and deployingsolutions to some of the mankind’s most pressing issues: energysecurity, climate change and truly sustainable human development.
As a result, WFES was hosted by Masdar for the first time, and now enters its third year.
The focus for 2010 can be found in the following categories and subcategories:
- Fuel Cells
- Waste to Energy
- Carbon Management
- Ocean Power
- Green Construction
- Green Energy Retrofit
- Sustainable Development
- Green Products, Practices &Technologies
- Low Energy Architecture
- Associations and Agencies
- Sustainable Transport
- Environment Friendly Vehicles
- Automobile Emission Treatment
- Fuel Efficient Transport & Technology
- Road Services
- Street Cleaning/Street Technical Facilities
Of course the question that remains is the same one that lurks around the United Nations’ December climate conference in Copenhagen: will any tangible results come from these meetings and lectures and exhibitions?
EnergyBoom is a global leader in news information about the renewable energy sector, offering expert analysis to keep you on the cutting edge of the renewable energy world. From public policy and financial analysis to company profiles to social commentary and the basics, EnergyBoom is your 360° view of the renewable energy world. Our contributors scour the globe daily for the latest news and information delivering insight and analysis, covering everything from new technologies to breaking news.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar