Why You Need Solar
More people are beginning to realize that solar panels are not a luxury – they are a necessity. Just take cellphones, for instance…
IN 1973, New Yorkers stopped and gaped in amazement as Dr. Martin Cooper demonstrated the very first cellular telephone call, right on the city street. The invention and combination of the radio, battery, and micro-processor had launched the mobile phone era.
It takes a lot to make a New Yorker stop and stare. Mobile phones don’t make people stop and stare anymore; they do make people crash their cars, but that’s a matter for Oprah to deal with.
It remains that mobile phone technology is no less impressive than it ever was. Moreover, it has become indispensable, despite the fact that we take it almost entirely for granted.
Smart phones went from novelty to luxury to necessity while we barely paused to notice.
Novelty, luxury, necessity, is the natural progression here, too. And while it’s true that a residential solar power system may not come with a data plan, it is just as true that the comfort you enjoy, the money you save, and the environmental dent you don’t make is data that enables you to make some plans of your own…a trip to New York, perhaps?
Original Article on The Solar Company
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- The Solar Vineyard House by Michael Jantzen
- Report: Solar PV Market to Recover by 2015
- Green Design Standards and the Construction Industry
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?