Whirlwind’s Solar Laminate System
With off-grid rapidly slipping into the mainstream new ‘peel andstick solar laminates’ by Whirlwind solar have helped a house use 90%less energy than a conventional home. The solar laminate system consists of solar panels made from light weight amorphous silicon. The panelsare easily fitted between the ridges of conventional metal roofingsystems and connected to an inverter that converts DC current into ACcurrent used to power the home.
Aside from achieving Passive House certification, the house includes other features which should help it attain LEED platinum status. Theseinclude a high efficiency air conditioning system, an energy recoveryventilator, an air-to-water heat pump, and a rain-screen system thatshades the house.
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar
- Australian Scientists Printing Solar Cells Down Under
- Why are Auto Dealers Hating on Tesla?