WealthCap Acquires 3rd Largest Solar Park from Juwi
WealthCap has acquired the third largest photovoltaic installationworldwide located in Lieberose, County Turnow-Preilack in Brandenburg.
The installation has a total power generating capacity of approximately 53Megawatt and was built on a former military training site. The plantcovers an area of 162 hectare which equals the size of 210 soccerfields. The total investment volume amounts to approximately 160 Million Euro.
The installation has been fully connected to the gridsince fall 2009 and produces 53 Million Kilowatt hours of greenelectricity, covering the yearly power requirements of more than 15.000households and saving more than 35.000 tons of CO2 emissions a year.
The Solarpark was sold by juwi Solar GmbH, the solar-subsidiary of theWörrstadt based juwi-group. As main contractor, juwi Solar GmbH wasresponsible for planning, logistics, construction management andconstruction maintenance.
First Solar supplied the installationwith 700.000 thinfilm solar modules, which were mainly produced in aplant in Frankfurt/Oder. The power inverters were produced by SMA.WealthCap is planning to launch a photovoltaics fund by July.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS
- SolarCity Raises $500M
- Graphene That Redefines Electric Current
- NextEra Gobbles Up Smart Energy Capital
- Oil Prices and Renewable Energy
- 5 Promising Eco Careers
- In Focus: People Power!
- The EV Cordless Power Vehicle Charging System