Wal-Mart to Install Solar Panels on California Stores $WMT
Wal-Mart Stores Inc. on Thursday announced that 30 of its stores in California will be installed with solar panels, increasing the percentage number of stores powered with the alternative energy to 75%.
California will become the only state where Wal-Mart has put in extensive effort to turn to renewable power. The retailer has more than 80 stores in California, of which 60 have solar roofs installed, including the planned 30 stores.
The installed solar cells are projected to generate 70 million kilowatts of power and will save 21,700 metric tons of carbon dioxide from being created. Wal-Mart has tied up with SolarCity for the installation of the solar cells.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS
- SolarCity Raises $500M
- Graphene That Redefines Electric Current
- NextEra Gobbles Up Smart Energy Capital
- Oil Prices and Renewable Energy
- 5 Promising Eco Careers
- In Focus: People Power!
- The EV Cordless Power Vehicle Charging System