Wacker Chemie Develops Thermoplastic Encapsulant For Solar Modules
The silicone-based elastic polymer sheetis thermo-formable and, therefore, fast and easy to process, thecompany says. It is non-corrosive and can be used with any type ofmodule to provide effective protection against mechanical and chemicalstresses.
Wacker Chemie adds that the polymer is chemicallystable, which minimizes the risk of clouding or yellowing. The sheetdoes not contain catalysts and, upon contact with moisture, does notproduce any substances that might initiate corrosion or damagesurfaces. This allows the sheet to be used for encapsulating solarcells containing films of compound semiconductors (e.g. copper indiumgallium diselenide or cadmium telluride) or other highly sensitivechemical substances (such as transparent conductive oxides)
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- The Solar Vineyard House by Michael Jantzen
- Report: Solar PV Market to Recover by 2015
- Green Design Standards and the Construction Industry
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?