Vision Electro Mechanical to Develop Solar Plants in Saudi Arabia
Walking through glorious history of oil production, the world’s most important oil producer Saudi Arabia is now looking towards solar energy for power. The largest Arab country of the Middle East is gearing up to set its first solar power plant manufacturer, the Vision ElectroMechanical Co. Established with the aim to develop, manufacture andoperate solar power plants, the company will build its first power plant in the Mecca province in eastern Saudi Arabia.
The $150 million company believes that Saudi Arabia is an idealplace for solar plant installation as the nation is covered by theArabian Desert that provides plenty of sunshine and space for solarpower plants. The solar power field is designed not only to keep trackof the movement of the sun throughout the day, achieving maximumsunlight, but can also work under the highest temperatures.
Although Saudi Arabia makes a lot of money by selling oil, butrenewable energy is a cheaper and greener alternative. In a quest toreduce its dependence on fossil fuels and find cheaper and eco-friendlyalternatives, the kingdom established the King Abdullah City for Atomicand Renewal Energy in April this year. This renewable energy ‘city’ isdesigned to meet the country’s growing energy needs in an eco-friendlymanner.
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- The Solar Vineyard House by Michael Jantzen
- Report: Solar PV Market to Recover by 2015
- Green Design Standards and the Construction Industry
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?