Virginia Solar Rebate Program Now Open
Back in April, we reportedthat the state of Virginia had set aside $39 million in stimulusfunding for renewable energy projects. Of that sum, $15 million wasearmarked to help homeowners, businesses and nonprofits install solarpower and wind energy systems.
Nearly seven months on, it looks like the funds will finally be made available. On November 3, the Virginia Renewable Energy Rebate Programopened its reservation period. Administered by the Virginia Departmentof Mines, Minerals and Energy (DMME), the program provides rebates forsolar PV panel installations according the following formula:
- $2.00/watt for the first 10 kW (AC PTC) of installed capacity
- $1.75/W for the next 10 kW
- $1.50/W for the next 10 kW (21 to 30 kW)
- $1.25/W for the next 10 kW (31 to 40 kW)
- And $1.00/W for each additional watt of installed capacity, up to a max of 200 kW
Funds will be reserved on a first-come, first-served basis— so if you’re mulling a solar PV panel installation, better get yourbutt in gear. If past experience in other states is any guide, thesesolar rebate funds will go fast.
Applicants must meet the program’s terms and conditions (PDF). Once you’ve reviewed them, the process starts with an online application form, which requests information on system type, system capacity, rebate levels and assurance.
Wind power systems are eligible for a rebate of $1,500/kW ofinstalled, rated capacity. The Virginia Energy Efficiency Rebateprogram is worth looking into, as well — improving the energyefficiency of your home or business prior to or while installing solarpanels is a great way to maximize the return and performance of yoursolar system.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS
- SolarCity Raises $500M
- Graphene That Redefines Electric Current
- NextEra Gobbles Up Smart Energy Capital
- Oil Prices and Renewable Energy
- 5 Promising Eco Careers
- In Focus: People Power!
- The EV Cordless Power Vehicle Charging System