Ventura County Solar Installations Performing Well
Last month, Solar Power Inc. installed twp photovoltaic (PV) solarenergy systems that total 492 kilowatts (kW) of solar power on VenturaCounty owned buildings in Southern California.
The two California solar generating systems totaled up to 2,448 solar modules manufactured by Solar Power and were installed using thecompany’s Skymount system to reduce the time it took to install the panels.
Built from aluminum and stainless steel, the system maximizes thesystem’s performance by tilting the panels to catch the most sunlight.It is designed to snap-in to place, which cuts out time consumingstandard installation.
One of the PV systems, at 334-kilowatts (kW), was mounted on thecounty’s Fleet Services and Public Works buildings at the county’sSaticoy Operations Shipyard. A second system of 157 kWs was installed on the county’s Vanguard building.
So far the two installations have been performing as expected,according to Mike Villegas, head of the Ventura County Air PollutionControl. Villegas said the county still expects the two systems togenerate somewhere around 728,000 kilowatt-hours of power each year andcut local emissions by over 500 pounds, just as they did when the planwas conceived in early 2008 and when they began using the two systemslast month.
County officials are most enthusiastic about the money the new system will save the Ventura’s taxpayers while providing the county’s homeswith clean, renewable energy.
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!
- Bloomberg Announces Insane NYC Climate Plan