Veeco (VECO) Purchases Daystar (DSTI) Assets To Enter CIGS Solar Market
It was announced today that Veeco (VECO) will attempt its own pushinto the copper, indium, gallium, selenium (CIGS) thin film solarmarket by purchasing equipment and leased facilities from DaystarTechnologies (DSTI) as well as hire its R&D department. Daystar isselling the New York operations to reduce expenses and focus on itsCIGS on glass core operations until there is a stronger market forflexible thin film applications.
Senior VP of Veeco, David Bruns commented, “The creation of a“Solar Process Development Center” will accelerate Veeco’s position asa leading integrated equipment provider to the rapidly growing CIGSsolar market. We have brought on board a team of highly qualified CIGStechnology specialists who bring to Veeco years of CIGS processknow-how on a range of glass and flexible substrates. These CIGSprocess development specialists will now work in tandem with our designteam to help our customers achieve the lowest cost of ownership throughprocess and hardware optimization on Veeco’s suite of equipment.”
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar
- Australian Scientists Printing Solar Cells Down Under
- Why are Auto Dealers Hating on Tesla?
- Ernie Moniz To Lead the U.S. DOE
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS