U.S Solar Industry Fun Facts Out Of Intersolar
Only around 130,000 homes in the U.S. have been outfitted with solar systems, he said during a panel discussion at Intersolar this week. The U.S. has 65 million residences. That puts the solar penetration down at around 0.02 percent.
But hope springs eternal. Consumers do seem to understand and likesolar leases, which let them get into solar with low or nonexistentup-front costs. 95 percent of Sungevity’s customers are opting forleases. Other fun stats:
–3X. Consumers are three times more likely to respond to a lead from afriend than an ad or direct solicitation, said Birch. Hence, Sungevityinvests heavily in social network marketing. Last year it hired Patrick Crain from LinkedIn as part of the social networking effort.
Greentech Media is an integrated online media company designed to deliver the highest-quality content in the industry, whether it is research, news or critical networking events. Greentech Media is headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., with operations in New York City, San Francisco and Munich.
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!
- Bloomberg Announces Insane NYC Climate Plan
- SunRun Wants Utilities to Innovate Rooftop Solar
- UW Professor Designs Solar Cells that Store Energy
- Buffet Bets Against Nuclear
- Squirrels: Solar’s Biggest Threat?
- Facebook’s Hydroelectric Data Center Opens in Sweden
- Renewable Energy Funding in South Africa