University of Colorado Scores 450K DOE Solar Grant
The University of Colorado is the recipient of a $450,000 grant from the U.S. Department of Energy to establish a research team to investigate solar technological innovations.
For its part, the team from the University of Colorado will be working on researching “high-temperature inexpensive materials for concentrating solar power technologies,” according to information released by the Department of Energy yesterday. The Oak Ridge National Laboratory will serve as the CU team’s research site.
Energy Secretary Steven Chu said the investments are part of President Obama’s initiative to increase clean, renewable energy sources. Described as an “all-of-the-above” strategy, the Obama administration has focused heavily on solar and wind technology as a means to diversify the United States’ mix and increase sustainability.
“This past decade has seen explosive growth in the global solar energy market. American companies are helping to lead this dramatic progress – driving lower costs and introducing new, better performing technologies into the marketplace,” said Chu in a statement.
Hello- I’m Matt Bartlett, founder of AtisSun, Inc. and the creator of the Solar Insider News publication. In a world of skyrocketing energy prices, disappearing natural resources, and a highly unstable economy, the Solar Insider News publication promises to give you an advantage as you plan for your future during these uncertain times. We focus on Energy Independence, Financial Freedom and Sustainability topics. The mission of the Solar Insider News publication is to help arm you with the best information possible as a solar industry professional, consumer, or enthusiast.
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!