UK Doubles Solar Installations!
Solar installations have literally doubled in the UK in less than two months as developers rush to get them in before the feed-in law (FiT) is cut 50%.
The UK now has 230,000 solar systems – it shows how quickly the world could ramp up to renewables if only there was the will.
After December 12, small solar systems up to 4 kilowatts (kW) – the size typically installed on homes – will get 52% lower payments when they send electricity to the grid.
As a result, solar generated in the UK will be six times higher this year, totaling 760 megawatts (MW).
The solar industry has fought hard to stop the government from cutting the FiT, arguing it would put the industry at risk. The popular program was cut because the government feared the strong response would deplete the budget which was intended to last through 2015.
Online since 1996, we provide global news and networking services to help green business grow. We cover all green business sectors including renewable energy, green building and green investing. Services include: Daily Green Business and Green Investor News; our leading green jobs service, Green Dream Jobs, a hands-on green investing newsletter, Progressive Investor; and networking services for green businesses that seek capital and partners.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar
- Australian Scientists Printing Solar Cells Down Under
- Why are Auto Dealers Hating on Tesla?