Ubbink Solar Modules To Close Manufacturing Plant
Ubbink Solar Modules BV, a 100% subsidiary of CENTROSOLAR Group AG,will close down its solar module plant located in Doesburg,Netherlands. Ubbink Solar Modules BV will remain in existence as alegal entity and will continue to meet all its financial obligations.
Accordingto the company, the plant closure was unavoidable following the loss ofEcostream Switzerland GmbH as the principal customer for solar modulesmanufactured there. The approximately 70 employees at the Dutch plantwill be offered redundancy packages that include severance payments.All other liabilities will also be paid off.
CENTROSOLAR’smodule plant in Wismar, Germany, with a current module productioncapacity of 110 MW, is unaffected by the closure of the Dutch plant.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- The Solar Vineyard House by Michael Jantzen
- Report: Solar PV Market to Recover by 2015
- Green Design Standards and the Construction Industry
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?