Toyota Inaugurates Solar Rooftop Installation at TPCE $TM
Toyota has officially inaugurated the solar panel park on the roof of Toyota Parts Center Europe (TPCE).Covering about 80,000sqm, the solar installation is the one of thelargest thin-film solar panel rooftop installations in Belgium. Built at a cost of over €7 million, the installation will be able to providebetween 15 to 20 percent of the annual electricity requirements of thefacility.
Developed in cooperation with Blue Planet Solar NV, the installation uses 12,900 solar panels on the 80,000sqm roof with a peak power supply of 1.84MW. The panels will be able to produce about 1620MWh ofrenewable electricity each year, saving about 1700 tons of CO2emissions.
Via: Blog Motori
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS
- SolarCity Raises $500M
- Graphene That Redefines Electric Current
- NextEra Gobbles Up Smart Energy Capital
- Oil Prices and Renewable Energy
- 5 Promising Eco Careers
- In Focus: People Power!
- The EV Cordless Power Vehicle Charging System