Todetermine if you have a good location to install solar panels togenerate clean power you need to conduct a site assessment. Answeringthe following key questions will help you identify if you have anadequate project site to install a solar electric system:
- Will the location provide a clear solar window from 9am-3pm without being shaded at critical times?
- First, do you have access to install the solar panels south? if not, can you install the solar panels west facing?
- Wouldyou like to mount the solar panels on your roof or is there a locationon the ground that is better suited? ever consider pole mountedsolutions? What would work best for your location?
- Is there an area with air flow and indirect sun to mount the grid tie inverter?
- Whereis the main electrical service panel? how about the meter? is there issub panel? How many feet from the solar array location to theelectrical service panel?
I hope this quick summary ofwhat’s required in a solar site assessment will help you figure out ifthe location your considering to install solar panels is optimized toprovide you the maximum return on investment.
SolarU: Solar trickle chargers explained