Top 10 U.S PV Projects Under Construction
The millionth First Solar (FSLR) solar module was installed in October at the 550-megawatt (AC) Topaz Solar Farm owned by MidAmerican Solar. When complete, the largest PV power plant in the world will field 9 million panels across thousands of acres on California’s Carrizo Plains. Construction began less than one year ago. Expected to be complete in early 2015, PG&E will purchase the electricity from the Topaz project under a PPA. The solar farm was not the recipient of a loan guarantee.
Here’s a chart of the top ten U.S. PV power plants under construction in the U.S.:
Source: Utility PV Market Tracker
Continue Reading at Greentech Media
Greentech Media is an integrated online media company designed to deliver the highest-quality content in the industry, whether it is research, news or critical networking events. Greentech Media is headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., with operations in New York City, San Francisco and Munich.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- The Solar Vineyard House by Michael Jantzen
- Report: Solar PV Market to Recover by 2015
- Green Design Standards and the Construction Industry
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?