ThinkSolar, S-5! Develop New Mounting Clamp For Standing-Seam Roofs
ThinkSolar, a national wholesale product distributor and project integrator, has partnered with S-5!to design a new clamp for standing-seam metal rooftops. With the newThinkSolar S-5! product, installers can rail-mount (via an L-foot) orattach mid/end clamps directly, ThinkSolar notes.
If the seamson a standing-seam metal rooftop are an optimal distance apart,installers can attach S-5 mid-clamps without using a rail. However, ifthe seams are too far apart, installers often need to run a rail,requiring different S-5! clamps. The new ThinkSolar S-5! producteliminates this need, according to ThinkSolar.
"The [product]consists of two different-sized threads on the top of the clamp, makingit useful for any mounting application," explains ThinkSolar CEO ElmarNiewerth.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS
- SolarCity Raises $500M
- Graphene That Redefines Electric Current
- NextEra Gobbles Up Smart Energy Capital
- Oil Prices and Renewable Energy
- 5 Promising Eco Careers
- In Focus: People Power!
- The EV Cordless Power Vehicle Charging System