ThermalSoul Plans Solar Thermal Power Generation Facility In Austin
ThermalSoul, a provider of renewable thermal power, says it is in theprocess of selecting land for a site to develop Austin, Texas’ firstsolar thermal power generation facility. The new facility will be thefirst for the company in the U.S.
Studies show that solar thermal facilities with efficient storage capabilities could meet more than 90% of the U.S.’ electricity demand, the company notes. ThermalSoulbelieves it will be able to generate power at or near the wholesale cost of coal.
Following construction of the ThermalSoul facility, the company anticipates generating up to 10 MW of electricity. The facility can be expanded to meet future needs and energy mandates of localutility companies, the company adds.
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!