The Top Innovators of Cleantech
Do you track cleantech companies and innovative technologies in the space?
Here are some companies that top the list according to Bloomberg New Energy Finance and Lux Research. Some have been around awhile and others are ramping up.
New Energy Finance Pioneers – all have innovative, proven technologies, robust business models, the ability to demonstrate traction and momentum, and the potential for global scale. Here are some of them you may not have heard of:
Emefcy‘s electrogenic bio-reactor technology changes the economics of wastewater treatment by generating instead of consuming energy. It uses electrogenic bacteria to produce electricity directly from wastewater at the same time as treating it.
Lanzatech‘s proprietary microbe technology converts waste gases to fuels and chemicals from any source of carbon monoxide.
Va-Q-Tec makes vacuum-based insulation materials for a wide range of industrial and consumer applications, potentially providing 10 times better insulation than conventional materials.
Zyvex Technologies one of the few developers to successfully commercialize structural nanocomposites for advanced materials.
Clearford Industries has a low-maintenance, easy-to-install distributed wastewater treatment system that’s vetted in the developed world and is poised for a successful transition to developing world markets.
Cbrite‘s novel metal oxide semiconductor materials could liberate flat-panel displays from dependence on silicon and open new frontiers in cost and flexibility.
Online since 1996, we provide global news and networking services to help green business grow. We cover all green business sectors including renewable energy, green building and green investing. Services include: Daily Green Business and Green Investor News; our leading green jobs service, Green Dream Jobs, a hands-on green investing newsletter, Progressive Investor; and networking services for green businesses that seek capital and partners.
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!