The Top 10 Solar Trends of 2010
It’s that time of the year again: time for Christmas cheer, office parties and top-ten lists. Here’s our take on the biggest solar trends and news in 2010:
1. 15 Gigawatts! The Gigawatt Era
The global photovoltaic (PV) market will reach 15 gigawatts total in 2010 and 25 gigawatts by 2013 (despite slower growth in 2011). Keep in mind that the global solar market was only 170 megawatts in 2000. Getting to one hundred gigawatts by 2020 is not out of the question. In fact, it’s necessary for the credibility of the PV industry and forthe sake of meeting Renewable Portfolio Standards and PV carve-outs. Germany installed 3.8 gigawatts by the end of June of 2010 and 2.13gigawatts in June alone.
Greentech Media is an integrated online media company designed to deliver the highest-quality content in the industry, whether it is research, news or critical networking events. Greentech Media is headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., with operations in New York City, San Francisco and Munich.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy