The Solar Lighthouse Tower in Dubai
The lighthouse tower is set to open in 2012. This amazing piece of architecture is set to be 1,319 feet high and contain 66 floors. The tower will be deemed a “green building” and have great emphasis on conserving energy and reducing its carbon footprint.
The building will also be clad in 4,000 solar panels to generate additional electricity. The tower will reduce its overall energy consumption by 65%, and its water consumption by 40% in comparison to an equivalent building. At the building’s base, a four story glass lobby will house an environmental visitor center. There will also be three large 225 kW wind turbines, on the building’s south facing side in order to generate electricity.
Dynamic Rotating Tower in Dubai
This will be the world’s first pre-fabricated tower that will sit 1,378 feet high and contain 80 floors. Ninety percent of the tower will be built in factories. Each of the floors will have the capability to rotate independently 20ft per minute, and complete a full rotation in 90 minutes. The tower was supposed to be finished in 2011, however due to financial crisis has not been started yet.
The entire tower will be powered from wind turbines and solar panels. Enough surplus electricity should be produced to power five other similar sized buildings in the vicinity. The turbines will be located between each of the rotating floors. Each turbine could generate up to 1,200,000 kilowatt-hours of energy. The solar panels will be located on the roof and the top of each floor.
Post written by: David Zamostny, Solar Energy World Intern
Solar Energy World, LLC, is one of the area’s leading providers andinstallers of solar electric systems and solar hot water systems. Weoffer homeowners and commercial property owners in Washington DC,Maryland and New Jersey a complete turnkey solution to solar power. Oursolar power installation teams have more than 74 years of combinedroofing and electrical experience.Articles l Homepage
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!