The Leav Solar Tent Concept
A graduate in industrial design from Paris L’ecole de Design Nantes Atlantique has created a sophisticated solar powered tent that is bound to please greenies and design aficionados alike.
Benjamin Charles is the brains behind the Leav camping solution. Campers are a great market for mobile, small solar powergeneration. Traditionally they’ve had to put up with with dirty, carbon-emitting kerosene.
Leav is equipped with both thermal and photovoltaic solar power, which means that besides electricity, campers using Leav can also get hot water for the kitchen and bathroom. True, Leav looks more like a mobile home than a traditional tent, but hey, they call it tent, so who am I to disagree?
Leav also features a dry toilet, which despite using little or no water, remains odor-free.
Energy Refuge is green blog focused on renewable energy and green issues.Established in 2006, it has been growing steadily with fresh andwell-written reports published on a daily basis.Articles l Homepage
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar
- Australian Scientists Printing Solar Cells Down Under
- Why are Auto Dealers Hating on Tesla?