The Leav Solar Tent Concept
A graduate in industrial design from Paris L’ecole de Design Nantes Atlantique has created a sophisticated solar powered tent that is bound to please greenies and design aficionados alike.
Benjamin Charles is the brains behind the Leav camping solution. Campers are a great market for mobile, small solar powergeneration. Traditionally they’ve had to put up with with dirty, carbon-emitting kerosene.
Leav is equipped with both thermal and photovoltaic solar power, which means that besides electricity, campers using Leav can also get hot water for the kitchen and bathroom. True, Leav looks more like a mobile home than a traditional tent, but hey, they call it tent, so who am I to disagree?
Leav also features a dry toilet, which despite using little or no water, remains odor-free.
Energy Refuge is green blog focused on renewable energy and green issues.Established in 2006, it has been growing steadily with fresh andwell-written reports published on a daily basis.Articles l Homepage
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!
- Bloomberg Announces Insane NYC Climate Plan
- SunRun Wants Utilities to Innovate Rooftop Solar
- UW Professor Designs Solar Cells that Store Energy
- Buffet Bets Against Nuclear
- Squirrels: Solar’s Biggest Threat?
- Facebook’s Hydroelectric Data Center Opens in Sweden
- Renewable Energy Funding in South Africa