The i-Cool Solar Air Conditioning System
ICL Co Ltd, Mitsubishi Chemical Corp and Nippon Fruehauf Co joined forces to develop a system that providesair conditioning for trucks using solar energy. After the “i-Cool,” ICLis now gearing up to release the “i-Cool Solar”, an idling-stop airconditioning system. The i-Cool Solar is made by using Nippon Fruehauf’s mount to install Mitsubishi Chemical’s PV cell modules on the container of the truck, which are then combined with the i-Cool.
The i-Cool Solar traps solar energy, stores it in a battery whilethe truck is moving, and uses this green energy when the truck’s engineis not operational. It is capable of saving nearly 1.8L of light oil per hour when the truck is not moving and reduce fuel consumption by about1% when the truck is moving, meaning the air conditioning system cansave about 1,500L of light oil annually. The air conditioning systemincreases the life of the battery by reducing the overdischarge of thestorage battery. The company plans to conduct system’s field tests assoon as possible, so that it can be commercialized by spring 2012.
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!