The Hemp House by Push Designs #420
Push Designs has completed constructing the first Hemp House in the U.S. Built inAsheville, NC, the sustainable house, which has been created from arenewable hemp-based material, called Hemcrete, features several green and energy-saving materials on the inside aswell. Hemcrete is a sustainable material that has been made from hemp,water and lime. The breathable material purifies air and helps insulatethe house.
On the inside, the 3400-sqf house features walls and doors made from recycled paper, which like the Hemcrete, has good insulating properties and adds to the eco-credentials of the house. The homeowners, RussMartin and his wife Karen Korp, have installed energy saving lightingfixtures to further reduce the use of grid electricity.
Images Courtesy: Push Designs
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS
- SolarCity Raises $500M
- Graphene That Redefines Electric Current
- NextEra Gobbles Up Smart Energy Capital
- Oil Prices and Renewable Energy
- 5 Promising Eco Careers
- In Focus: People Power!
- The EV Cordless Power Vehicle Charging System