The Helios Solar River Barge
There are plenty of boats, yachts and even luxury ships out therethat are trying very hard to go green. The idea is to replaceconventional fossil fuel powered engines with cleaner electric motorsthat cause less pollution both in terms emissions and noise. The idea is simple enough in principle but when it comes to execution, you need alot more than just an electric engine to go green with power and notlose out on the oomph factor. In comes solar power once again to savethe day!
Helios is a one-of-a-kind river and lake barge that is bestowed with not just a beautiful design, but also comes with a solar rooftop thatis capable of tapping into the power of the sun. The photovoltaic panels laced on top of the boat’s cabins supplement the electric engine of the barge with clean power.
Apart from the energy design of the Helios that allows it to beemission-free while it cruises in both deep and shallow waters withease, it also cuts down on noise pollution and has in-built system thatrecycles and recovers rainwater for usage on the barge. There is also amini wastage treatment plant onboard on the Helios that ensures thatriver and lake waters are not polluted as you enjoy your cruise.
With a luxurious lounge and comfortable living rooms that canaccommodate 4 people onboard, Helios allows you to explore calm andlaidback waters in a fashion that is cool both for you an the planet.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar