The Future of High-Speed Rail in California
Despite simple-minded critics who blast high-speed rail development because they refuse to comprehend the value and necessity of infrastructure investments, California Governor Jerry Brown thew his support behind the new high-speed rail system in the Golden State in his second State of the State address.
Here’s what the Governor had to say. . .
“The Central Valley Water Project was called a ‘fantastic dream’ that ‘will not work.’ The master plan for the interstate highway system in 1939 was derided as ‘New Deal jitterbug economics.’ In 1966, then-Mayor Johnson of Berkeley called BART a ‘billion-dollar potential fiasco.’ Similarly, the Panama Canal was for years thought to be impractical, and Benjamin Disraeli himself said of the Suez Canal: ‘Totally impossible to be carried out.’ The critics were wrong then, and they’re wrong now.”
The bottom line is that high-speed rail offers tremendous environmental, economic and national security benefits that are well worth the investment. Trust me, future generations will thank us. Just as we have thanked previous generations for the interstate highway system.
High-Speed Rail Support Continues In California originally appeared in Green Chip Stocks. Green Chip Review is a free 2x-per-week newsletter, is the first advisory to focus exclusively on investments in alternative and renewable energies.
Green Chip Stocks Editors & Contributors Jeff Siegel Jeff Siegel is the managing editor of Green Chip Stocks, an independent investment research service that focuses exclusively on renewable energy and organic and natural food markets. Nick Hodge One of the bright young minds in today's cleantech industry, Nick is putting his knowledge of nascent green markets to use in several ways... Nick is the co-author of a best-selling book and has interviewed dozens of times for TV and Web; his keen insight, uncanny foresight, and global contacts have led to double- and triple-digit wins for his readers, time after time.
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!
- Bloomberg Announces Insane NYC Climate Plan
- SunRun Wants Utilities to Innovate Rooftop Solar
- UW Professor Designs Solar Cells that Store Energy
- Buffet Bets Against Nuclear
- Squirrels: Solar’s Biggest Threat?
- Facebook’s Hydroelectric Data Center Opens in Sweden
- Renewable Energy Funding in South Africa
- New Jersey Solar: The Situation Gets Bigger
- Technology and The Green Movement
- Supply and Demand in Solar Materials Market
- Solar In The Classroom
- In Focus: How Green are Electric Vehicles?
- How First Solar Should Spend Their New Cash
- Silicon-Boron Electrodes: The Key to Longer Battery Life?
- U.S Solar Hits Milestone