The Building Energy 12 Conference
BuildingEnergy is the most established and most cross-disciplinary renewable energy and high performance building conference in the region. Organized by the Northeast Sustainable Energy Association, it brings together architects, engineers, builders, policymakers, developers and building managers for three days of networking, accredited educational sessions and a high-level trade show. Attracting participants from across the US and Europe, it will take place on March 6-8, 2012, at the Seaport World Trade Center in Boston, MA.
On Wednesday, March 7, between 8:45am and 10:30am attend the BE12 Keynote Experience: The Only Way to Predict the Future is to Design It. Three NESEA practitioners share their breakthrough thinking and practice. Each of them aims to predict their future by designing it. Join us as we reveal the historical and emerging know-how that is NESEA’s “secret sauce.” With John Abrams: Next Economy, Chris Benedict: Intentional and Vicarious Learning, and Bernice Radle: Cities as the Next Frontier. These TED-like talks will provoke our learning community to consider what we each might do more boldly and how we might get there. This experience will be gently facilitated by Robert Leaver. Following the keynote will be the presentation of $10,000 to the winner of NESEA’s Zero Net Energy Building Award.
See the approved contractor list for National Grid’s Deep Energy Retrofit program in Massachusetts and Rhode Island and you’ll see that an amazing number of these contractors and designers are affiliated with NESEA. 70% of the list are current or former members. And 72% attended BE10, BE11 or both.
Richard Matthews is a consultant, sustainable investor, writer and owner of The Green Market Oracle, a leading sustainable business blog that covers the convergence of sustainable capitalism and the global environment.The Green Market is one of the most comprehensive resources for information and tools on sustainability. Follow The Green Market's twitter feed and see the Facebook Fan Page. Richard is a contributor to more than 50 publications. Find him on Facebook and Linkedin.
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!
- Bloomberg Announces Insane NYC Climate Plan