The 5 Largest Solar Power Plants
And guess what? They’re all in Europe. C’mon North America, catch up!
1. Olmedilla Photovoltaic Park, Spain – The largest in the world,the Olmedilla Photovoltaic (PV) Park uses 162,000 flat solarphotovoltaic panels to deliver 60 megawatts of electricity on acloudless day.
2. Puertollano Photovoltaic Park, Spain – The power generated hereis equivalent to the annual domestic consumption of electricity ofabout 39,000 households.
4. Waldpolenz Solar Park, Germany – Waldpolenz Solar Park is theworld’s largest thin-film photovoltaic (PV) power system. Solarthin-film modules are used, which supplies 40,000 MWh of electricityper year.
5. Arnedo Solar Plant, Spain – The plant produces 34 GWh every year,which will power 12,000 households and prevent 375,000 tonnes of CO2.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- The Solar Vineyard House by Michael Jantzen
- Report: Solar PV Market to Recover by 2015
- Green Design Standards and the Construction Industry
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?