And guess what? They’re all in Europe. C’mon North America, catch up!
1. Olmedilla Photovoltaic Park, Spain – The largest in the world,the Olmedilla Photovoltaic (PV) Park uses 162,000 flat solarphotovoltaic panels to deliver 60 megawatts of electricity on acloudless day.
2. Puertollano Photovoltaic Park, Spain – The power generated hereis equivalent to the annual domestic consumption of electricity ofabout 39,000 households.
3. Moura Photovoltaic Power Station, Portugal – The power stationwill have an installed capacity of 46 MWp, counting a total of over376,000 solar panels.
4. Waldpolenz Solar Park, Germany – Waldpolenz Solar Park is theworld’s largest thin-film photovoltaic (PV) power system. Solarthin-film modules are used, which supplies 40,000 MWh of electricityper year.
5. Arnedo Solar Plant, Spain – The plant produces 34 GWh every year,which will power 12,000 households and prevent 375,000 tonnes of CO2.