The 4 Sickest Green Gadgets for your Home
1. iBamboo iPhone Speaker
iPhone speaker docks are all the rage, but use a lot of electricity. So why not considering using a natural iPhone dock that uses no electricity whatsoever? Bamboo speakers can naturally amplify music from your iPhone or iPod without electricity or electronic amplification. While it may not be as loud as a pair of electric speakers, bamboo speakers are perfect for small spaces and an eco-friendly substitute to electricity or battering hogging docking system.
Buy it online at iBambooSpeaker.com
2. USBCELL Battery Charger and Rechargeable Batteries
Disposable batteries no longer have to be an unavoidable fact of life if one has the USBCELL rechargeable battery charger on hand. Disposable batteries are toxic and contain heavy metals such as mercury, cadmium and lead that often leak into the soil causing significant environmental concerns. With the USBCELL battery recharger, a user can simply charge his or her batteries while using a computer and inserting the charger into the USB slot. Batteries generally charge to 90% in approximately five hours.
Buy it online at USBCell.com
3. Siphon and Pump Grey Water Kit
It is well known that as the earth’s population increases and the environment changes drastically and unpredictable due to global climate change that water is becoming a much more precious resource. As supplies of fresh water dwindle, one way to preserve precious water resources is to recycle water through a grey water system. Using this simple siphon kit, it is easy to recycle bath water and use it for other purposes like watering the garden or flushing the toilet. To use the kit, one inserts one end of the hose into the source of water such as the bath tub and then uses the pump to begin the siphoning process. Once the water begins to flow then water is siphoned to a pre-determined location. The only drawback is that the end point must be lower than the beginning point otherwise the water will not siphon properly.
Buy online at Amazon or other retailers.
4. Freeloader Solar Charger
As solar powered peripheral chargers are becoming more popular, improvements in design and construction are making them a much more practical option to the average user. The Freeloader Solar Charger is fully charged and ready to charge most peripheral devices after only five hours of charging the device battery on a window sill or other sunny location. The device then can be used anywhere to charge electronic gadgets while a user is on the go.
Buy online at any of these retailers.
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!