The 2012 Green Building Conference
Building professionals looking to expand their green building skills, or those just getting started in building green, will find tools for success at the 2012 National Green Building Conference and Expo in Nashville on April 29 – May 1.
Hosted by the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), the annual conference will feature an exhibit hall with cutting-edge green products, a wide variety of education courses, unmatched networking opportunities and notable speakers and special events.
Two new offerings at the show this year provide building professionals with insights into the green market, and tips for enhancing their green building techniques. They are:
• Analysis of the Green Market—McGraw-Hill Construction, NAHB and Waste Management, Inc. will reveal the results of a new Smart Market Report on Residential Green Building. The report highlights the growth of green building and provides building professionals with insight into potential market opportunities, consumer preferences and industry trends.
• Green Building Plan Review—Attendees will have the opportunity to review their building plans with an architect, an accredited verifier for the National Green Building Certification Program and a home builder. All are experienced in working with the National Green Building Standard, which was the result of a partnership between NAHB and the International Code Council. They will be able to answer questions and provide practical tips and suggestions for making projects greener and more efficient.
“We are excited to be able to offer so many exciting opportunities for builders and remodelers to expand their knowledge of green building,” said Eric Borsting, chairman of the National Green Building Conference and Expo. “Conference attendees will get the full experience with classroom training, tours of green homes, a showcase of green products, networking opportunities, knowledgeable speakers and much more.”
Another conference highlight is the annual Green Building & Technology Tour, which offers builders a glimpse into the design and green building practices used by local builders. Attendees have the chance to hear firsthand about the building process, the green building certifications used and the value the homes bring to their owners.
To register for the National Green Building Conference and Expo, or for additional information click here.
Richard Matthews is a consultant, sustainable investor, writer and owner of The Green Market Oracle, a leading sustainable business blog that covers the convergence of sustainable capitalism and the global environment.The Green Market is one of the most comprehensive resources for information and tools on sustainability. Follow The Green Market's twitter feed and see the Facebook Fan Page. Richard is a contributor to more than 50 publications. Find him on Facebook and Linkedin.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar
- Australian Scientists Printing Solar Cells Down Under
- Why are Auto Dealers Hating on Tesla?