Tesla Announces Pricing and Options for Model S $TSLA
Tesla (TSLA) today officially announced the pricing, options and timing for next year´s US launch of the Model S. There have been some worrying rumors that the company would forced to raise its prices due to cost factors. Consequently, the good news for Tesla stock is both that the pricing has been held steady and that the summer launch date remains in place. Confirmation of both of these factors is certainly welcome news.
Firstly, the official pricing for the US market remains as previously indicated:
- The starting price for a Model S with a basic 40 kWh battery (160 miles) comes in at $49,900 after the $7,500 Federal Tax Credit.
- The price for a Model S with a 60 kWh battery (230 miles) comes in at $59,900 after the Federal Tax Credit.
- The price for a Model S with a 85 kWh battery (300 miles) comes in at $69,900 after the Federal Tax Credit.
- The price for a Model S Performance with a 85 kWh battery (300 miles) comes in at $79,900 after the Federal Tax Credit. The Performance model can do 0-60 mph in 4.4 seconds – faster than the Porsche 911 Carrera.
- Summer 2012 – Production of the Model S with 85 kWh battery and the Model S Performance
- Autumn 2012 - Production of the Model S with 60 kWh battery
- Winter 2012 - Production of the Model S with 40 kWh battery
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Green Design Standards and the Construction Industry
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act