Tegolasolare Embeds Solar Panels in Roof Tiles
Recent advancements in photovoltaic technology have been encouraging for manufacturers who are finding possible ways to encourage homeowners to deck out their roofs with solar panels. Tegolasolare thinks that embedding solar panels in traditional looking rooftiles might just solve the purpose. The Italian company has developedred clay tiles that look like traditional terracotta tiles, but herethey are incorporated with solar panels.
The panels are neatly concealed within the tiles, which offer a wayto combine tradition and modernity. A solar power panel composed of four modules is installed on the roofing tile with ceramic body mix. Thepanels are then interconnected to create a real photovoltaic field,which may cover the whole roof and can be as large as required. Thecompany believes that a roof of 40sqm lined with these tiles will beable to produce about 3KW of power.
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar
- Australian Scientists Printing Solar Cells Down Under
- Why are Auto Dealers Hating on Tesla?