Tartaruga- A solar powered yacht concept
After cars, buses and airplanes, yachts are the latest to get a solarpowered design. The 30 feet Tartaruga solar powered concept yachtdesign can comfortably accommodate 4 people. Its 40 square meter areaof photovoltaic panels supported by high-efficient batteries and thissolar-catamaran can achieve a speed of 7 knots, similar to a normalsailing boat. The boat also accommodates a double bed and two-singlebeds in two separate areas, a fully equipped kitchen, a largemulti-storage area and a bathroom with a shower. Its multifunctionalinterior can be transformed from a common dining table to adriving-seating position and a double bed for resting.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- The Solar Vineyard House by Michael Jantzen
- Report: Solar PV Market to Recover by 2015
- Green Design Standards and the Construction Industry
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
Find Reviews ofLocal Solar Installers