Taking A Look at Sustainable Transportation
Sustainable transportation seeks to improve access to goods while simultaneously reducing environmental and social impacts.
Air pollutionis an unavoidable byproduct of the traditional fossil fuel poweredtransportation industry. According to the Intergovernmental Panel onClimate Change, greenhouse gas emissions from transport are increasingat a faster rate than any other energy using sector. Road transport is also a major contributor to local air pollution and smog.
Green transportation is defined by its low environmental impact. A trulysustainable transportation system makes a positive contribution to theenvironmental, social and economic sustainability of the communitiesthey serve.
Richard Matthews is a consultant, sustainable investor, writer and owner of The Green Market Oracle, a leading sustainable business blog that covers the convergence of sustainable capitalism and the global environment.The Green Market is one of the most comprehensive resources for information and tools on sustainability. Follow The Green Market's twitter feed and see the Facebook Fan Page. Richard is a contributor to more than 50 publications. Find him on Facebook and Linkedin.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy