Tag Archives: warren buffet
MidAmerican Energy (MEH)a company whole owned by legendary investor Warren Buffets Berkshire Hathaway has cancelled plans towards a Gigawatt scale nuclear power plant in Iowa and refunded funds from the State of Iowa for preliminary studies. MEH continues working on studies for a 1,000 MW of wind energy to complement last months purchase of 579 [...]
In a time when cities are clamoring for manufacturing facilities and the high-value jobs they bring, one California city lured a major Chinese battery manufacturer to town with its reputation of deep support for clean technology, solar energy and innovation. BYD, which stands for Build Your Dreams, announced this week that it will establish two [...]
Google is backing it. So is Warren Buffett, America’s most-watched investor. GE, one of the world’s biggest manufacturers, is too. Each of these corporate icons is placing big bets and hundreds of millions of dollars on a future powered by wind and solar power. Apple just joined them, announcing plans to power its main U.S. [...]
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!
- Bloomberg Announces Insane NYC Climate Plan
- SunRun Wants Utilities to Innovate Rooftop Solar
- UW Professor Designs Solar Cells that Store Energy
- Buffet Bets Against Nuclear
- Squirrels: Solar’s Biggest Threat?
- Facebook’s Hydroelectric Data Center Opens in Sweden
- Renewable Energy Funding in South Africa