Tag Archives: vc
Peter Thiel, known as the “Don of the PayPal Mafia” declared clean technology a “disaster” at Venture Beat’s TechCrunch Disrupt 2011 conference in San Francisco. OK folks, go on home, stop all this saving-the-world-green energy-stuff. It just isn’t working. Thiel has spoken. Thiel is a billionaire libertarian hedge fund manager and venture capitalist who founded [...]
Executives at the signing ceremonyincluded (from right to left) Russell Tham, regional president, AppliedMaterials South East Asia, Koichi Takeda, director, KISCO Ltd, Dr MarkAuch, CEO, Tera-Barrier, Masayuki Nakazawa, managing director, KISCO(Asia) Pte. Ltd. and Philip Lim, CEO, Exploit Technologies Ptehttp://solarfeeds.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_content. Ltd. Applied Ventures welcomed another investor in one of its portfolio of comapnies, Tera-Barrier. As [...]
Alta Devices, the secretive solar startup that seems to be workingon thin-film solar cell materials, has also received funding fromTechnology Partners. Alta is listed in the firm’s portfolio catalog,but the link goes to a dead end.Nothing to see here, boys. Put the cameras back in the car. Kleiner,Perkins – that gabby bunch of guys – [...]
The Pope was in Israel earlier this month, bringing with him thousandsof Catholic pilgrims (and a request from environmentalists to help clean the Jordan River).A week later 40 investors from the California region came on adifferent kind of pilgrimage to Israel – to see the world-famous cleantechnology opportunities Israeli entrepreneurs have to offer. Despite the [...]
The cleantech private equity market has grown substantially inrecent years and there are currently over 380 active firms, which arefocusing on the sector, according to a new report. Dublin-based Research and Markets, an international research anddata firm, says that there are currently 78 private equity fundsfocusing exclusively on cleantech investments currently seekinginvestors. “It is likely [...]
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!
- Bloomberg Announces Insane NYC Climate Plan
- SunRun Wants Utilities to Innovate Rooftop Solar
- UW Professor Designs Solar Cells that Store Energy
- Buffet Bets Against Nuclear
- Squirrels: Solar’s Biggest Threat?
- Facebook’s Hydroelectric Data Center Opens in Sweden
- Renewable Energy Funding in South Africa