Imagine Homes will offer Dow’s Solar Shingles on all of its new homes as a standard option. However, people buying homes in Imagine’s Willis Ranch community will have a PV roof automatically. Dow has been rolling out the Solar Shingles to new markets slowly, starting in Colorado last year. The product is a Copper Indium [...]
Tag Archives: sustainable energy
Denmark’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs announced that the country is adapting solar technology at a much quicker rate than anticipated. This year, interest in solar technology has soared: “the solar cell capacity will be a hundred times bigger this year compared with 2010.” Every month, another 36 MW of solar capacity is added to the grid [...]
Thanks to researchers at EPFL`s Institute of Microengineering in Neuchatel, Switzerland, a new world record efficiency of 21.4% has been set for solar cells. This feat was done with HIT solar cells (heterojunction with intrinsic thin layer), and is by far the highest conversion efficiency ever achieved with the substrates that were used. These types [...]
The Infograph below shows how the southwest region in the UK is working to embrace sustainability through alternative energy. In typical English style, some of the energy generation figures are given in cup-of-tea equivalents, surely the easiest way to make an English create a analogy with the real world.
Just last week, Walmart switched on its 100th on-site solar installation, now the world’s biggest retailer is building a 1-megawatt wind turbine at a California distribution center. The project was backed by Seminole Financial Services, which financed a $5.5 million construction loan by Foundation Windpower-Walmart to build and install the 1 megawatt (MW) installation in [...]
The United Kingdom took top rank in a new energy efficiency ranking of the world’s 12 major economies, according to a new study from the nonprofit American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy. The U.K. was followed closely by Germany, Italy and Japan, with the U.S. coming in ninth. The ACEEE didn’t mince words, noting that [...]
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!
- Bloomberg Announces Insane NYC Climate Plan
- SunRun Wants Utilities to Innovate Rooftop Solar
- UW Professor Designs Solar Cells that Store Energy
- Buffet Bets Against Nuclear
- Squirrels: Solar’s Biggest Threat?
- Facebook’s Hydroelectric Data Center Opens in Sweden
- Renewable Energy Funding in South Africa