Tag Archives: south
A team from the University of South Australia is preparing a solar-powered car to participate in the first zero-emission car race around the world. The racewill commence in June where the competing teams will make use ofrenewable energy to cross 20 countries on three continents in about 80days. The vehicle, dubbed Trev(Two-seater Renewable Energy Vehicle), [...]
Folsom, N.J.-based South Jersey Industries has announced that solar panel projects at two of its local facilities are operational and generating electricity. Thecompany has installed a 50 kW roof-mounted array consisting of 210solar modules at its corporate headquarters. The array is expected togenerate 60,000 kWh annually. The company also installed a 651 kWground-mounted array at [...]
Thegovernment of New South Wales has approved a gross feed–in tariff forrooftop solar systems, thus allowing households and small business whoinvest capital to build and maintain these systems to sell energy backto the electricity grid – at a premium. Endorsed by the Australian Conservation Foundation,the ACF says “this is a key step in tackling climate [...]
Todaywe hop over the waters to talk about Korea, but with importantimplications for China’s negotiating position in Copenhagen. Its beena busy news day in Korea, both North AND South, but it is the latter where I focus our discussions today in a post was originally published on Climate Progress. South Korea may not beoutdoing the [...]
South Korea’s military wants to go green and will build a solar-poweredunmanned aircraft from 2015. The Korean Agency for Defense Development,in charge of developing weapons, is taking the biggest green hand aspart of the government’s efforts to go green. Recently, the Ministry ofDefense said it will seek a 7.9 percent rise in its budget for [...]
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!
- Bloomberg Announces Insane NYC Climate Plan
- SunRun Wants Utilities to Innovate Rooftop Solar
- UW Professor Designs Solar Cells that Store Energy
- Buffet Bets Against Nuclear
- Squirrels: Solar’s Biggest Threat?
- Facebook’s Hydroelectric Data Center Opens in Sweden
- Renewable Energy Funding in South Africa