Tag Archives: solar summit
Four years is a long time in the solar industry. Think about what’s happened in the U.S. industry since 2009: We’ve seen a recession, a massive boom in federal spending, a precipitous drop in solar module prices, a wave of bankruptcies, a nasty trade battle with China, a slowdown in utility-scale projects, a strong gain [...]
After the buzzkill that was Shyam Mehta, GTM Research Solar analyst’s market outlook, Tom Doyle, the President and CEO of NRG Solar presented at the GTM Solar Summit and provided a number of reasons to be cheerful if not downright enthusiastic about being in the solar industry in 2012. Doyle remarked that Shyam Mehta’s solar [...]
David Arfin, vice president of customer financing for SolarCity, the largest installer of solar power units in Arizona and California, told Fireitup today that the Phoenix-based utility SRP’sclaim to have reduced incentives for solar systems partly because of“falling solar prices” fails to take into account normal seasonalfluctuations. SolarCity VP, David Arfin “It is true gross [...]
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!