Tag Archives: solar plant
Future360 travels to Abu Dhabi to check out the largest concentrating solar plant in the world, Shams 1. The 100 MW plant occupies a square mile of the desert, roughly the size of 300 football fields. When commissioned later this year, Shams 1 will power for 20,000 homes. The technology works by using 250,000 parabolic [...]
There is an article that appeared online yesterday in The Wall Street Journal about how some of the world’s biggest mining companies are looking to spend around $24 billion to boost production in the Amazon and how the Brazilian government is creating the infrastructure necessary to make it happen: Mining giants such as Vale and Anglo-American are increasing efforts [...]
First Solar entered into a leasing agreement with the state of Maryland in order to construct the state’s largest solar power plant. Located on 160 acres near the Maryland Correctional Institution in Hagerstown, the 20MW project will include over 300,000 solar panels. Maryland has an aggressive renewable portfolio standard (RPS) that requires the state to generate [...]
A Federal government-funded massive solar tower is under the final stages of construction in the desert north of Tonopah, Nevada. The 600 foot solar cell-studded skyscraper is meant to produce power for the nearby houses. Situated in the deep desert the huge concrete shaft looks quite striking. As it turns operational, the tower will be [...]
The SINGULUS TECHNOLOGIES AG (SINGULUS) was able to conclude anothercontract for five Selenisierungsanlagen for CIS thin-film solar cells. SINGULUS TECHNOLOGIES, in 2009, had developed in close cooperation with AVANCISGmbH & Co. KG (AVANCIS) a new process plant for thin-film solartechnology in early 2010 and received an initial order for 19 million €. The follow-on order [...]
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!
- Bloomberg Announces Insane NYC Climate Plan
- SunRun Wants Utilities to Innovate Rooftop Solar
- UW Professor Designs Solar Cells that Store Energy
- Buffet Bets Against Nuclear
- Squirrels: Solar’s Biggest Threat?
- Facebook’s Hydroelectric Data Center Opens in Sweden
- Renewable Energy Funding in South Africa