Tag Archives: socially responsible investing
Imagine this: You’re in a developing nation with little access to electricity. In fact, you don’t have access to a grid, or enough electricity to keep a refrigerator and a light on and water filtered in your home. Or, if you have a generator, you barely afford to pay for the expensive diesel that keeps [...]
Out with the traditional notions of investing; investors are changing the industry and world by aligning their standard of high monetary return with their desire to do good. According to US SIF, $3.74 trillion of the $33.3 trillion assets in the 2012 US investment marketplace was under management that used Socially Responsible Investing (SRI) strategies. Social [...]
The Infograph below shows how the southwest region in the UK is working to embrace sustainability through alternative energy. In typical English style, some of the energy generation figures are given in cup-of-tea equivalents, surely the easiest way to make an English create a analogy with the real world.
After World War II, 85 million Americans bought more than $185 billion in bonds to fund important infrastructure. New US legislation seeks to leverage that same financial model to raise $50 billion for clean energy and energy-efficient technologies. The “Clean Energy Victory Bonds Act of 2012″ (aka HR 6275) sponsored by Representative Bob Filner (D-CA) [...]
Environmental campaigners have been rallying David Cameron to defend renewable energy. The British Prime Minister has been told he must do more to reign in the Treasury, after a series of setbacks on green power initiatives. Nearly 200 green businesses signed a letter to Cameron, which was drafted by the Renewable Energy Association. It called [...]
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!
- Bloomberg Announces Insane NYC Climate Plan
- SunRun Wants Utilities to Innovate Rooftop Solar
- UW Professor Designs Solar Cells that Store Energy
- Buffet Bets Against Nuclear
- Squirrels: Solar’s Biggest Threat?
- Facebook’s Hydroelectric Data Center Opens in Sweden
- Renewable Energy Funding in South Africa