Tag Archives: slump
For the third straight quarter the sales of new manufacturing equipment for solar photovoltaic has slipped, showing there’s less new PV manufacturing coming online, according to a new report from SEMI, a semiconductor industry trade group. While it doesn’t necessarily mean manufacturers are cutting back their production, it does show that the growth of the [...]
Solar energy may be the answer to our power problems but companies engaged in the manufacture of PVs are experiencing gloomy days. Several years ago, solar cells were too expensive to be purchased by the ordinary masses. As such, they were bought by research centers and large corporations which could afford to pay big bucks. [...]
GT Solar (SOLR) reported mixed earnings results after the bell todaywith a miss on the EPS side (reporting .06/share vs estimates of.07/share) and a beat on the revenue side (reporting $104 million vsestimates of $101.8). EPS was off 68% from the year ago period, socertainly another solar company that is struggling to get growingagain. The [...]
Seemsto me that solar is shining bright again from the recent activities Isaw the past few weeks. Interestingly enough, most of the news arecoming from chemical companies that developed new materials to makephotovoltaics more efficient and cheaper. BASFpresented its Seluris range of cutting fluids products for cutting,etching, texturing and doping mono- and polycrystalline solar cells;and [...]
Renewable Energy Corporation (REC) reported a 29% slump in earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) amounting to NKr 527m in the first quarter 2009 despite revenues increasing 14% to just above NKr 2bn. “This industry is used to 40-50% of annual growth. So far this year we see no growth at all,” says [...]
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!
- Bloomberg Announces Insane NYC Climate Plan
- SunRun Wants Utilities to Innovate Rooftop Solar
- UW Professor Designs Solar Cells that Store Energy
- Buffet Bets Against Nuclear
- Squirrels: Solar’s Biggest Threat?
- Facebook’s Hydroelectric Data Center Opens in Sweden
- Renewable Energy Funding in South Africa