Tag Archives: Silevo
Silevo Solar, a module manufacturer, was named as one of the top 10 most innovative technology companies to watch in 2013 by technology research and analysis firm Lux Research. “This company certainly stands out,” said Fatima Toor, a Lux analyst who primarily focuses on the solar industry. The Chinese company has an office in California, [...]
Silevo, a maker of next generation silicon photovoltaics, announced that it has topped California Energy Commission’s (CEC’s) module rankings for layered silicon PV modules—not bad for a company that just came out of stealth mode last year. The company achieved the results with cells that are 22 percent efficient and have withstood the equivalent of [...]
Silevo, the solar startup formerly known as Sierra Solar Power (Sierra), has developed a “hybrid cell,” so called because it is a combination of three materials: crystalline silicon n-type substrates, thin-film passivation (non-reactive) layers that allow higher voltages, and a tunneling oxide layer. Sierra is the owner of record of several published patent applications, including U.S. [...]
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!