Tag Archives: sensor
Seamus “Shay” Curran, director of the University of Houston’s Institute for NanoEnergy, doesn’t like cleaning windows. “My wife gets after me about it,” he said. A new hydrophobic nano coating he and his team of researchers at UH have developed holds the promise of self-cleaning windows. Of course, that’s just a pleasant byproduct. Curran developed [...]
In a project funded by the Engineering and Physical SciencesResearch Council (EPSRC), scientists at the University of Southamptonare developing a technology that would harvest energy from physicalmovements to generate electricity. Using rapid printing process andactive printed links, the team is trying to create energy-producingfilms in textiles. These films would be embedded in the clothing or [...]
Researchers at the University of Michiganhave developed the world’s smallest self-powered sensor that canoperate nearly perpetually running solely on solar energy. The system’ssolar cells, processor and battery are all located in a tiny framemeasuring just 9-cubic-millimeter. The system can beused in new biomedical implants and various home-, building- andbridge-monitoring devices and could improve the efficiency [...]
Atlas Material Testing Technology has released XenoCal Solar,the newest sensor in the company’s XenoCal family, which providestesting to evaluate the performance, durability and reliability ofsolar cells and modules. The XenoCal Solar sensor is designed tooffer user-friendly, precise measurement and calibration exclusivelyfor the UV pre-conditioning of PV modules, the company says. The sensormeasures irradiance (W/m2) or [...]
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!