Tag Archives: Saudi Arabia
This should help pave the way for utility scale solar power project developers to line up some financing and make a pitch to the powers that be in Riyadh who are looking to attract over $100 billion worth of solar investments into the Kingdom: Saudi Arabia will form a company to buy power from generators [...]
Plans are underway in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, to build the Middle East’s largest solar power plant of its kind. The Shams 1 Solar Project, will be a 100-megawatt, concentrated solar power plant capable of powering 20,000 homes. Sultan Ahmed al-Jaber, the UAE’s Special Envoy for Energy and Climate Change and the chief executive [...]
Cleantechnica reports that Prince Turki Al Faisal Al Saud, a main spokesman for Saudi Arabia, made a startling statement at the Global Economic Symposium in Brazil last week: his country intends to be 100% powered by renewable energy and other low-carbon energy forms. The prince said he hopes to see this change take place within his [...]
Envision Solar, which builds high-quality and architecturally stunning solar canopies, is expanding into the Middle East. The California company is partnering with Aconfort, a member of Al Habtoor Enterprises, to market its solar canopies in the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Spain. “I have lived and worked in the Middle East,” said Desmond [...]
Saudi Arabia has launched one of the world’s most ambitious solar-energy programs today. At the Saudi Solar Energy Forum in Riyadh on May 8, officials from the responsible government entity King Abdullah City for Atomic and Renewable Energy (KA-CARE) announced long-term development goals as well as a policy framework. By 2032, the oil-rich country plans [...]
Even the world’s largest producer of oil understands the value of developing renewable energy. A few months after Saudi Arabia’s oil minister called global warming “among humanity’s most pressing concerns,” the country is rolling out an ambitious plan to source 41,000 megawatts of solar projects over the next two decades — scaling up a domestic [...]
Saudi Arabia’s energy advisor is recommending the country diversity its energy mix by adding 41 gigawatts (GW) of solar, 17 GW of nuclear, 4 GW of geothermal and waste-to-energy capacity over the next 20 years, reports Reuters. Electricity consumption is rising rapidly because of its growing population and subsidies. It’s now supplying electricity from crude [...]
Saudi Arabia is to put up a sustainable financial hub in its capital city Riyadh, the King Abdullah Financial District (KAFD). Henning Larsen Architects (HLA) has prepared the master plan for what should be a project that combines both the local traditions and the advanced sustainable building concept. In fact, HLA won the international competition [...]
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!