Tag Archives: rps
Solar energy is a dynamic and continuous energy source that many believe will one day provide most of our energy needs. Unfortunately, conventional energy industries like big oil have giant backers with deep pockets and have successfully leveraged their money to smear renewable technologies. Their main target seems to be solar. It’s important to know [...]
29 out of the 50 states have put into place a regulation thatrequires a certain percentage of energy generation to come fromrenewable resources, or a Renewable Portfolio Standard (RPS), and thispercentage can increase over time. For example, Connecticut has established a 27% goal by 2025 and Massachusetts put in place a 15% RPS target by 2020 [...]
State renewable portfolio standards (RPS) will be the most criticaldriver determining the pace of U.S. renewables growth, according to a new IHS EmergingEnergy Research market study. IHS estimates thatcumulative renewables demand across all states with binding RPS policies will grow from an expected 137 TWh in 2010 to 479 TWh by 2025 – anincrease of [...]
It’s something clean tech observers and many in the utility industryhave long expected, articulated in the form of a report fromresearchers at engineering and consulting company Black & Vetch:California utilities won’t be able to meet their 2010 renewable energystandard (RPS), which decrees that they must obtain 20 percent of theirelectricity from renewable energy sources like [...]
As the U.S. is muddled down in the healthcare debate, the bills in Congressdealing with revolutionary energy policy hang in the balance andhesitancy resides in the renewable energy industry over the ultimatefuture market size for cleantech. Even though the Recovery Act andsubsequent stimulus fundinghas initiated future clean energy plans, the cleantech community iscuriously awaiting a [...]
Gov. Ted Kulongoski, D-Ore., has issued a veto on House Bills 2472 and 2940 and signed House Bill 2180. H.B.2472reduces the business energy tax credit cap (BETC) from $10 million to$3.5 million, a reduction that the governor believes goes too far andwould put Oregon at a competitive disadvantage in growing the state’srenewable energy sector. H.B.2940 [...]
Youmay be hearing about a national Renewable Portfolio Standard (RPS) inthe news lately. It’s usually mentioned with Carbon Cap and TradeLegislation going through Congress right now. What is an RPS, and whyshould you care? Good questions. Here are the answers: What is a Renewable Portfolio Standard (RPS)? AnRPS is not new. Many countries and individual [...]
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!