Tag Archives: roll
A startup company called Eight19, a collaborative effort of Cambridge University’s Cavendish Laboratory and UK environmental group the Carbon Trust is here to give a new dimension to the field of solar energy. Thecompany is working on the of new organic solar PV technology that holdsthe potential to make solar cell installation easier and cheaper. [...]
Applied Materials’ Roll-to-Roll Technology was recently featured in Technology Review. Below is a brief excerpt of the article. Displays built out of plastic instead of glass would be a gadget lover’s dream: they’d be rugged and lightweight, and they should be inexpensive to make on "roll-to-roll" systems similar to those used for newsprint.But to develop [...]
Xunlight Corp. has delivered its first shipmentof flexible and lightweight, triple-junction amorphous silicon solarmodules manufactured on its newly installed 25 MW wide-web roll-to-rollplasma enhanced chemical vapor deposition production line. Theannouncement was jointly made by Xunlight Corp., the University ofToledo (UT) and the Ohio Department of Development. Thisshipment of modules is part of a 10 kW [...]
Normally conventional silicon solar panels, are bulky and rigid, but a startup in Toledo, Ohio, called Xunlight, has developed a way to make solar panels more flexible and larger. It has developed a roll-to-roll manufacturing technique that formsthin-film amorphous silicon solar cells on thin sheets of stainlesssteel. Each solar module is about one meter wide [...]
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!
- Bloomberg Announces Insane NYC Climate Plan
- SunRun Wants Utilities to Innovate Rooftop Solar
- UW Professor Designs Solar Cells that Store Energy
- Buffet Bets Against Nuclear
- Squirrels: Solar’s Biggest Threat?
- Facebook’s Hydroelectric Data Center Opens in Sweden
- Renewable Energy Funding in South Africa