Tag Archives: rice university
In a new twist to the quest to harness the power of the sun, Rice University scientists are using sun power to produce steam from icy cold water. The solar steam method, from Rice’s Laboratory for Nanophotonics, uses light-capturing nanoparticles to convert the sunlight into heat. The inventors of solar steam see the first use [...]
While we advocate the many benefits of solar energy to offset dependence on conventional fuel sources, it’s a fact that solar cells are expensive because of the materials used to create them. Also these cells don’t yield as much energy as they could owing to inefficient collection methods. All this seems set for a change [...]
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy